RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Go Deadrail with RailPro

(1/6) > >>

William Brillinger:
Somebody on MRH brought the S-Cab system to my attention.

They have a small LiPo battery and charging board that would allow RailPro users to further simplify wiring and only use the rails for charging. Their system would supply 12V to the module and charge from the track.

http://www.s-cab.com/battery-power.html

Food for thought.

nodcc4me:
I like the dead rail concept(no more stalls), but the BPS boards are even bigger than the LM's. There is hardly enough room in a diesel and some steam tenders to fit the LM and a speaker.

William Brillinger:
That's true. For diesel operators, you could add power trucks and gain space.

KPack:
I looked into the S-Cab BPS a while back when I was considering building a dead rail Railpro locomotive.  But like Al said, the BPS and battery are both large enough to make it nearly impossible to fit everything into a standard HO locomotive.  Power trucks are an option, but they are not cheap at all.  I have a hard time fitting the electronics that I already have, let alone a battery and power module.  Even in my recent C44-9W's it was a tight fit....granted I installed 4 speakers in each, but still it would be tough to do the additional electronics. 

Definitely possible, but maybe not practical yet.  Some "keep-alive" caps would be welcome though.  Hopefully Tim comes up with something soon that will work easily with Railpro.

-Kevin

DBeacon:
Scale will be key in this regard.  Progress will be made...batteries are always getting smaller.  As such let's hope Tim and his team are working hard to solve many issues.  I've chosen On30 to free my, hopefully, artistic license and the available room for "deadrail".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version