General > General Discussion

Assistant

<< < (3/4) > >>

ronp:
On CurrPort Ring comes up twice....once w 4608 then also 6768
after each under LocalA 0.0.0.0.

G8B4Life:

--- Quote from: ronp on June 17, 2021, 05:13:49 PM ---On CurrPort Ring comes up twice....once w 4608 then also 6768
after each under LocalA 0.0.0.0.

--- End quote ---

This is correct, RPA should have both of those ports but 4608 is the one we're keeping an eye on as it's the one used to communicate to Rings server.

--- Quote from: ronp on June 17, 2021, 02:24:49 PM ---...I've opened both programs and RP Assist.  Assist. has connected to Ring.

--- End quote ---

If RPA connects then the test is isn't going to give us what we want to know. We are trying to find out what's happening when RPA doesn't connect.

--- Quote ---...The programs seem active but I don't know if they are running.

--- End quote ---

The programs run in real time so if they show the RingEngAssistant process after you run RPA then they are working.

I have some further testing to do; I've just noticed some very odd behavior by RPA I never noticed before. Fun!

- Tim

ronp:
OK, I guess I misread.  I will look again tonight w RPA not connected.
Thanx again
Ron

ronp:
With the RPA indicating not connected this is what I read off LiveTcpUdpWatch

Received = 0
sent bytes = 451
Received = 0
sent Pa = 11

hopefully this is the info that you wanted

Ron

G8B4Life:
Almost all the info. I would like to see what Live TcpUdp Watch reports the local port for the RingEngAssistant process is when RPA can not connect. I figure it's correct every time but just want to be 100% sure

Anyway, what the info you provided says is that RPA was trying to connect but it wasn't receiving any replies back from Ring's server. This doesn't mean that Ring's server isn't replying but it mostly likely means that the packets of data coming back to you from Ring are being dropped somewhere. As this is such an intermittent issue I'm strongly suspecting your wireless router is the culprit. Do you sometimes have trouble loading websites as well?

I really suggest picking up (even borrow from a friend / good neighbor) a network cable and seeing if you have better connectivity with RPA by using a wired connection. I'll have to think if I can work out how we can do another test to see what's going on after the packets leave your computer.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version