RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Improvements to the Hand Held Throttles

<< < (3/18) > >>

William Brillinger:
A.)   Dedicated engine operating screen. Number one complaint from my crew
- Yes Please, Take all the things that are not needed for operation off of this screen and maybe give us another row of buttons.
- Ditch the loco picture and only show the Loco name/number and have as many programmable buttons as possible on the screen. 4 rows? This could be an optional mode set in the HC options, call it "operations mode" vs "default mode"

B.)   Consisting/linking. Way to difficult to add or subtract engines to a consist i.e. to add helpers in route all engines are unlinked then all have to be linked. Pain in the butt.
- Yes Please, Adding or removing a loco should be easy without rebuilding a consist, and a swap ends option would be nice.

C.)   Ability to control headlights on linked locos
- When the rear light button on the screen is selected, it should turn on the rear most light in the consist.

D.)   Override button to bypass warning messages. Needed if you use Keep Alives or PBM’s
- Yes Please!

E.)   Load function. Use knob to set speed and the brake to ramp up or down.
- I would like the load function to stay as is, but have the ability to also notch up and down with the manual buttons at the same time. No need for this to be an either/or situation with separate setup.
- How it would work? I see the automatic notching being overridden by the notch up and down buttons until the speed dial is set to zero, then it should spool the sound down and go back to automatic.

I would also like to see a notch indicator on the screen showing what notch the engine is in, in both manual and automatic mode.

potlatcher:
I'm a new user and have not yet run into some of the issues mentioned by others, but almost all of them sound like good ideas. Of all these suggestions, here are a couple I think would be most useful for me in priority order:

* Warning message override button
* Improved consist linking/unlinking
* E-stop button
* Lanyard loop

KPack:
Good suggestions Bill.  I do like the option of "ops mode" and "default mode".  Better yet, I wonder how difficult it would be to give us an option in RPA to design our own screen?  You can already do that to some extent when creating an accessory program...you can put whatever buttons you want anywhere on the screen.  Give us a blank slate, and a list of buttons/functions that we can add, then let the user set up their screen the way they want. 

Based on everything I've read here and my own thoughts, I would say the following are things I'd like to see:
1.) Improved consist linking/unlinking/switching leader/adding to consist
2.) Lanyard loop standard on all throttles
3.) Warning message override
4.) Hybrid manual/automatic notching (similar to Bill's description)
5.) Locomotive screen update....uncluttered ops mode with more function buttons would be great.  Currently I run out of functions....16 isn't enough.

-Kevin

TJMac:
I 2nd the dark UI background, not a fan of the white.

Josephbw:

--- Quote from: ON28 on August 09, 2021, 02:37:53 PM ---Thanks for this, Lee!

1. Simpler method for sizing and uploading loco images
2. Lanyard hook
3. Lighter weight, slimmer HC
4. Time/clock on loco screen
5. Emergency stop on loco screen
6. Non-marring HC holder for layout fascia

Bill sells a nice wooden box lined with a slick-faced foam that is made to fit the HC. It works great and I would highly recommend it. It comes disassembled and is very easy to put together.

Joe

There's a discussion to be had about the industry-wide move to wifi throttles and what it means for RP.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version