RailPro > Finished RailPro Installation Examples

Atlas Master GP38

<< < (2/2)

ON28:

--- Quote from: faithie999 on February 06, 2022, 06:09:06 PM ---great work!  apologies if you mentioned this earlier, but what is the source for the copper tape?
thanks
ken

--- End quote ---

It's Bead Landing Copper Tape, 0.3 in., think I got it at Michael's.

faithie999:
thanks!  I'll try this on my next install.  I hate the tangle of wires that I need to stuff into the shell.

Espeelark:
ON28 - hope you don't mind if I leverage your existing "Atlas Master GP38" topic to show how I did mine. Since we both started with the same loco, I thought it would be easier for people to see how two people did a RailPro install on the same loco in the same thread/post as opposed to having to jump between two separate topics.

I leveraged ON28's great concept and fabricated a styrene platform with copper beading strips (got mine on Amazon) to minimize the wires.
On this install, I also utilized a Scale Sound Systems speaker - wow are those good!
ON28 also graciously clarified how he strucutured his styrene platform in a separate message to me.

Here's a photo of mine before the final tucking and (Kapton) taping of wires. I wanted to make it easier to see the styrene/copper beading strip platform.

I also had the weights milled down to make room  inside the shell.

I have another one of these to do and think I will change it up by placing the SSS speaker over the forward flywheel instead which I think will leave more room for the RP module and make the wiring easier/simpler.

ON28:
Looking good! Those Scale Sound speakers with chassis-specific enclosures just drop in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version