RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

How To Set Up Chuff Synchronisation

<< < (3/3)

KB02:
Now if we could just get this for HO scale. (Wish list!)

G8B4Life:
Amazingly, that screen capture was captured from an LM-2S! I do doubt that the chuff sync feature would actually work though.

- Tim

jebouck:
Another Newby to AP here.
Could that Chuff input (in green on the diagram) be a reed switch like you use with a Phoenix sound system?

JRad:
Yes. The best response is from actual switches Vs some of the optical sensors which require different wiring.

Don't expect it to chuff like a Phoenix though. It seems Ring is using the input to suggest the speed to the program. If you start fast or stop fast the chuff will lag, or continue after you stop!  I've found if I'm careful to start and stop slowly that it isn't as bad. It's been suggested that adding Load will help that. I prefer to run with no load, having absolute control over speed for switching.

jebouck:
Using a reed switch and three magnets on a tender wheel, I succesfully got it to chuff 4 beats per driver revolution.
Works good enough for me.

title="D&amp;S CHUFF TEST" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>/youtube]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version