General > General Discussion

Auto Reversers - Why won't DCC reversers work with RailPro?

(1/2) > >>

KB02:
Auto reversers are basically just polarity detectors, right? So why won't a reverser for DCC work with RailPro? Or do they have to be specific to the signal coming from the power source?

gregeusa:
what are you running on your rails? DCC or DC?

KB02:
I had been running DCC. I had the MRC Prodigy Express system running power through a Tam Valley Depot Booster. My turn table was connected to a Digitrax AR-1 auto reverser. I thought that it would work fine, but the first time I tried to run a loco onto the bridge, the whole layout shut down.

gregeusa:
When the booster has a circuit breaker, and the autoreverser has one too, sometimes the wrong one trips first (that's why it is important to work this all out)

So that was your turntable issue. There are ways to solve it, but not derailing the thread here.

If you have a DCC signal on the rails, the autoreverser will work fine, and the railpro decoder won't care.

Your issue has nothing to do with RailPro

Greg

KB02:
Ah, yes. I see I have left out a critical piece of information. Sorry. I have converted my layout from DCC to RailPro, including the power source,; I'm now running a PWR-56 and have taken the DCC off line. The Digitrax reverser worked perfectly fine on DCC with my RailPro locos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version