RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

iphone4s speakers [recovered topic]

<< < (4/6) > >>

hirailer:
I tried mounting the iphone speaker under the locomotive shell with no appreciable improvement in sound quality. I had to relocate the speaker several times so that it would not contact the chassis components.

Mel

William Brillinger:
to get a speaker to use the shell as part of it's "noisemaker" you would have to use ACC, CA, or Plastic Solvent to glue it in place, using any sort of rubbery compound like silicone will acoustically insulate it from the shell.

William Brillinger:
I just learned that Rapido uses the iphone 4s speaker in their GMD1 locomotives. Who Knew?

LW93Rcode:
Yeah I saw one in someone's YouTube review awhile back.  Pretty interesting!  I just installed a loksound decoder in a GP40.  I had gotten a sugar cube to go with it, but the GP40 already had the 4S in it from a previous install, so I left it to try it out. It sounds so good I doubt I'll pull it apart to install the sugar cube.  Hard to beat when they can be had for a $1 or less.

nodcc4me:
The 4s speakers sell on EBay in the range of $2-$5, with or without the antenna. I think I paid $3 each for mine. Has anyone compared the cheaper ones with the more expensive ones? Are they the same?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version