RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

iphone4s speakers [recovered topic]

<< < (2/6) > >>

Archive:
Original Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 09:56:48 PM by nodcc4me
I ordered and received some iPhone 4s speakers and replaced a small, round speaker I had previously installed in an Athearn SD45, which had very little room for a speaker. I was able to glue it to the top underside of the shell, and it sounds great. Looking at the size of the speaker cone in Bill's picture, I would say it is smaller than the speaker I replaced. There must be something about the way the 4s speaker is baffled that makes it sound so much better. It also sounds much better than the 5s.

Al

Archive:
Original Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 10:05:55 PM by William Brillinger

--- Quote --- I would say it is smaller than the speaker I replaced. There must be something about the way the 4s speaker is baffled that makes it sound so much better. It also sounds much better than the 5s.
--- End quote ---

Yup! It's Apple Engineering Magic.

Archive:
Original Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 03:44:45 PM by Prostreetamx
Bought 10 of these recently and installed 1 so far. Can't really tell the difference between the small rectangle enclosure speakers I used on other engines but they do sound pretty good. Need to upload the correct sound files to check if they are as good as I expect. Really easy to fit them in the small cavities.

William Brillinger:
ADMIN NOTE: unfortunately this thread was accidentally removed today by the OP. No worries, these things happen!

I have recreated it as best as I can from what I could find in the google cache.
If you had an attachment in this thread, feel free to send it to mt to re-add or simply repost it.

I have also configured a recycling feature that will allow recovery of posts that are accidentally removed in the future.

hirailer:
My iphone speakers arrived yesterday after waiting a month. At $.99 each with free shipping, I guess I can't complain.

I installed one in each of my Atlas/Roco GP40.s. These speakers are much, much better than the Railmaster DS1436 which I had been using previously. There is  a lot more low end "rumble" and the horn sounds a lot more realistic. Very happy with the results.

Cheers
Mel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version