General > General Discussion

Speaker recommendation for Walthers Mainline SD70Ace?

<< < (5/5)

ON28:

--- Quote from: hotrodf1 on September 23, 2023, 07:47:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: ON28 on September 16, 2023, 04:48:10 PM ---Just installed a Scale Sounds speaker and PBM upgrading this original Life-Like Proto BL2. I've used iPhone4 speakers until now and there is no comparison. Far better bass and rumble with the 567 ULT sound file. I used a dab of Goo contact cement to secure the custom-designed speaker. I also used copper beading tape to make a "trace" on the component tray for the common (blue wire) connections. Makes for a neater job.

--- End quote ---

As others have said, nice install and great idea.  How do you insulate that common "rail" from the chassis?  Also, does shortening the wires that much cause issues when getting to the drivetrain for maint. later on?  I've been leaving some extra wire to in theory be able to take the tape off and move all the electronics out of the way a bit to allow taking the chassis weight off for access.  Obviously it doesn't look as clean with the extra wire.

--- End quote ---

For this install, the copper foil tape only runs along the plastic component tray, and does not contact the chassis. I am also careful about covering any wire-to-wire connections with shrink tubing, to prevent accidental shorts. The copper tape sold by Cir-Kit Concepts for dollhouse wiring is insulated on both sides, and looks like it's suitable for metal chassis use, though I have not tried it. See the copper foil tape thread for a link.

Moderator edit: removed the pictures from the quote to prevent unnecessarily downloading the same pictures several times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version