General > General Discussion

State of RailPro update

<< < (2/3) > >>

trainman605:
Having RaiPro for several years and at age 78 I'm pretty happy with the present operation of the system. I do realize that electronics are the future in just about everything we have and do today and that many never get enough of it, so for me I will just stick with what I have.

snowdog:
Bump!

ON28:
Just annotating my original post that it was Tim Ring with whom I was corresponding.

G8B4Life:
I'm not sure why snowdog bumped this thread, but it reminded me I was going to reply to his post.

--- Quote from: snowdog on November 07, 2023, 11:47:17 AM ---I know a lot of us are looking for a 21 pin module but is it really needed? Sizing the width of the LM3 down even 10% would allow for easier physical installs for us HO guys!

--- End quote ---

Just because you presumably model US outline in H0 with big honkin diesels and steamers doesn't mean everyone does. Try and get a current size LM and an adapter harness into a non US outline loco and you'd start to question your sanity. A 10% smaller LM would help a bit but a 21 pin version would help a lot, considering the 9 pin was not plug and play outside of the US and everyone else is doing the 21 pin.

Ripping everything out and hardwiring is the goto method for me simply because of what I model, no other choice because of space, hence after near 10 years of owning RailPro I've only converted exactly two of my models.

- Tim

CPRail:
Not all those North American diesels are Big!! After doing 5 switcher installs (one P2K S3 and 4 Rapido SW1200RS), I'm all for a smaller module as well.

The 21 pin connector would assist with wiring all the headlights. My Rapido SW1200RS locos have ZERO lights as you have to rip out the board to make just enough room for the module, a speaker and a Keep Alive under the cab.  I don't have enough time in my life (nor the patience or eyesight) to run the wires and resistors for all the lighting in those beasts...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version