RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Both of my HC's are dead.

(1/2) > >>

Josephbw:
When I try to charge them it comes up with (Charging) (closely followed by Faulted No Power). I am assuming they both need new batteries. Or is there another issue I'm missing?
Thank you,
Joe

UPDATE: I went to Lowes and bought some batteries. I opened up the case, removed the old batteries, replaced them with the new ones, and buttoned them back up. I was amazed at how easy it was. Both of them now work perfectly. I want to thank whoever it was that said to put tape on the black button before assembly. This was my first disassembly of an HC, and it couldn't have gone any easier.
You just need to be careful with the video screen as it wants to wander around during disassembly and use tape to hold the position of the black button.

Joe

William Brillinger:
How old are the batteries?
If they are more than 5 years old, you probably need to replace them.

Some battery info: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,1445.msg10531.html

faithie999:
Joseph--the only thing tricky about replacing the batteries is keeping the 4 steel spacer studs in position when you put the top cover back on (you can see the 4 studs clearly in the picture Bill posted on the thread he referenced).

Ken

G8B4Life:
Very doubtful it's the batteries, and very very doubtful your HC's are dead, since they give you an error message!

From memory you have the original HC-2 (non 2b version), or even a HC-1 and that the problem is your charger is not working. The error message "Faulted No Power" is the message that you get when you plug the DC barrel jack into the old style HC-2 / HC-1 and there is no power. The old style HC's mechanically detected when you had plugged the charger in, unlike the new USB style HC's.

Verify your chargers, or even where you have the chargers plugged in to and see what you find.

- Tim

Josephbw:
Tim, I do have the old HC's. I checked the chargers (I have 2 of them), and they both had the proper voltage.

faithie999, My HC's didn't have the steel studs, just plastic posts.
Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version