RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

LGB install assistance (please)

(1/1)

snowdog:
I picked up an LGB install project and am thinking I got in over my head. While the concept of Railpro is universal, application is not. The gentleman has a Lake George & Boulder steam loco that I've figured out the basics with. Getting the wires to the motor and light is a different story. I managed to get the tender open (easy) but getting into the front end not so much. Would anybody here care to offer guidance to help me get out of the jam I got myself into?

Much appreciated,
Bryan

snowdog:
Adding to my earlier post. I have removed the innards of the loco and found that there are 3 wires going to the motor. The motor works when only 2 wires have "juice", green and white. What function does the brown wire serve? Anybody?

Thank you.
Bryan

gregeusa:
3 wires...

2 pick up track power, and one goes to motor

the 3rd is the other side of the motor...

There are some tricks to isolating the motor from its direct connection to the track pickup...

you find that connection, break it somehow, and then solder an extra wire to the motor tab, and now you have 4 connections, 2 for power pickup and 2 for motor...

but, you may get confused on how to use the motherboard, and figuring out if lights and smoke are 5v or 18v...

Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version