RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Other loco manufacturers

<< < (2/4) > >>

Antoine L.:
I still think it is amazing how even old locos run well with RP installed.

My most silent and smooth runnin is a p1k f3a. Maybe I should post a video of it.

Antoine

LW93Rcode:
1 Athearn SD40-2 Blue Box LM2-S with dual 4S Speakers (now removed and installed in the RTR for road name purposes)
1 Athearn SD40-2 RTR LM2-S with dual 4S Speakers , Removed board and hardwired
1 Bachmann GP38-2 (DCC Equipped) LM2-S with 4S Speaker, Removed board and hardwired
1 Atlas Silver 8-40CW LM2-S with 28mm TCS Wow Speaker, DCC ready with 8 pin plug
1 Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation LM2-S with 28mm TCS Wow Speaker, Removed board and hardwired
1 Athearn GP60 Blue Box LM2-S with 4S Speaker, hardwired

The GP60 is a terrible runner and very noisy!  I'm probably going to put this module into an Atlas Trainman GP38-2 eventually, just haven't decided which one.  The rest run great,  one exception being the Bachmann GP38-2 sometimes needs a little warm up before it will creep if it has been cold in my basement or not run in a significant amount of time.  Once it's warmed up though it's a great runner.

G8B4Life:
I had always wondered if anyone had done a dual 4S speaker install. How does it sound? Did you series or parallel the speakers?

As for my installs, well I wouldn't expect anyone to know these brands but I've got one into an Austrains CLP (I want to see if I can dual speaker this one) and a Trainorama S class. Both hardwired. My last module on hand is waiting for the iPod touch speakers to come in.

- Tim

Geek.Verve:

--- Quote from: G8B4Life on February 11, 2016, 01:39:07 AM ---I had always wondered if anyone had done a dual 4S speaker install. How does it sound? Did you series or parallel the speakers?
--- End quote ---

I can't remember where, but I did read someplace that the recommended method was in series. 

LW93Rcode:
I wired it in series.  I believe it is louder than a single at the same sound level, however, it didn't really give a lot more depth or richness to the sound like I had hoped it would.  At least to my ears. I'll have to see if I can do a side by side comparison.  I will add that I had to basically stack the speakers due to their length.  I couldn't place one at each end of the loco.   I did place the speaker ports opposite ends.  Not sure if any of that would cancel sounds out or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version