RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Hit a roadblock trying to load my picture

(1/5) > >>

Josephbw:
I took the picture, loaded it in PAINT, got it sized, saved it as a .bmp file, and all is well. I opened up the Railpro Assistant, got through all that with no problems, but when I get to the last step to actually load the picture in the LM and HC, I get a "file in use" error. I've deleted the file several times, renamed it to "no name", and it still won't let me upload the picture to the HC.

Like I said everything looked normal right up until the last step, and my further efforts so far have met with failure.

Any ideas?

The picture is the pre-PAINT version before I shaped it up.

KPack:
What are you naming the picture as?

To my knowledge, the HC will give you the "file in use" error if you are trying to delete the existing picture that a locomotive is using.  For example, each Railpro module comes with the stock RE Loco as the picture.  You CANNOT delete that picture from the module UNTIL you have loaded a new picture and set that new picture as the picture for the locomotive.  Only then can you delete the old picture. 

I'm not sure if this is what you're running into or not, but that's the only way I know of to get the "file in use" error.

-Kevin

Josephbw:
Hi Kevin,
I named it RI (road #), That didn't work, so I named it "no name", that didn't work, so I tried to delete both and if I remember right it said that the file was in use ( I know I should write this stuff down, but I seldom think about it until it's too late). I'll start over again tomorrow evening and see if I can get through this.
I might try a different loco picture and see where that goes.
Thanks Kevin

William Brillinger:
don't forget to set the photo for the locomotive you are trying to delete it from to another photo.

G8B4Life:
Oh boy, a conversation, I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms... ;D

Joe, The others have pretty well covered the loading of the picture into the module and that you must set the new picture before you can delete the old picture from from the module (don't forget to save the new configuration) but it sounds like your not even getting that far and your trouble is actually loading the picture onto the HC correct?

I've sized your picture and attached it so you can try it with this one and see how it goes.  A small point, the general way for pictures on RailPro is to have the #1 end (ie forwards) on the left hand side of the picture. It may seem like a very small thing but it does help let you know which
way is forward and which way is reverse. Not so much a problem for US outline I suppose but elsewhere where double ended locomotives
are common it sure is a good rule to follow.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version