RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Hit a roadblock trying to load my picture

<< < (3/5) > >>

Josephbw:
I'm back again. I want to thank Tim for graciously offering to open up a chat line to talk me through the process. Unfortunately I didn't realize Tim is in Australia and with the time difference that didn't happen.

Tonight I tried to reload the RI 4372 picture and got to the same point of failure. When I get to the picture manager, hit import picture, I can select any of the four pictures I have edited, and I get the "Select a different file name - name already in use" message on any of the engines and that's where everything comes to a screeching halt.

I also had to download a new RP Assistant as my old one went belly up.

I'm also having an issue with Paint, changing my picture size from 480 x 180 to 480 x 360 after I save it. I haven't tried to delete anything tonight, so deletion isn't the issue I believe.

I also changed the name of the RI 4372 to ROCK 4372, and that didn't work either. I also changed the name of the engine in the HC to RI hoping that would help, but all I got was a slap in the face. :(

The only good thing, is I feel a little better today, so I put away my snow blade, took down my 72" mower deck and mounted it under my tractor, dispatched a coon that's been tearing the crap out of my back yard, took my broken lawn roller arm to town to get it welded up again, and also removed my front end loader from my tractor, and mowed a little bit of my 6 acre yard.

I guess I'll go work on the railroad for a while now.

Good night, Joe

William Brillinger:
Joseph, I've sent you an email.

Josephbw:
I just want to give a public THANK YOU to Tim for leading me through the abyss of the manual to final success. I have one of my locos with my picture on it now. Now I can progress through the rest of them, thanks to the guidance of Tim.  ;D ;D ;D

You da man!!!

KPack:
So what was the problem?  Better that we all know so that we can help others avoid the same issue.

Glad you got it figured out and glad Tim was able to help you.

-Kevin

hirailer:
  Joe,        Please let us know what you did to solve your problem. I'm in the same boat as you were.

Mel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version