RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Railpro with DCC on Large Modular Layout

<< < (2/4) > >>

hirailer:
I have said many times "this product is so good it will sell itself ". Unfortunately, not many people get the chance to experience RailPro and all it's many amazing features. Ring Engineering really needs to step up their advertising, the only ad I have seen is in MRH and the same one has been there for several years. I doubt if people even look at it anymore. To make matters worse, several DCC manufacturers have placed nice big fresh ads right next to the RailPro ad in MRH, completely plowing it under. Ring Engineering should replace this old ad in MRH with a fresh new one. Small ads in other publications would sure help to get the word out.

Model Railroaders should have a chance to experience a"hands on" demonstration at train shows. This really gets people buzzing. I have thought about renting a table at our local train show here in Chilliwack so I can get rid of a bunch of good MRR items that I have. Along with this I would certainly take along my HC2 and a loco so I can demonstrate RailPro. As far as I know, the are no RailPro dealers in Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia that could represent RailPro.

Mel

William Brillinger:

--- Quote ---As far as I know, the are no RailPro dealers in Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia that could represent RailPro.
--- End quote ---

Officially RailPro is not available outside of the USA, and Ring will not ship RailPro to addresses outside of the USA although some stores have access to it via Walthers or in my case, because I have both a US and Canadian Address.

I am not aware of any other dealers in Canada that carry RailPro besides www.pdc.ca

drisdon:
"the guy from Texas" is referring to Jacob Damron (on this forum too) whom has made several posts to the Free-mo yahoogroup about DCC, Railpro, and some other electrical standards topics in the past year.  His posts are what made me take a closer look at RailPro and ultimately take the plunge.

Dan

KPack:

--- Quote from: drisdon on May 19, 2016, 03:08:50 PM ---"the guy from Texas" is referring to Jacob Damron (on this forum too) whom has made several posts to the Free-mo yahoogroup about DCC, Railpro, and some other electrical standards topics in the past year.  His posts are what made me take a closer look at RailPro and ultimately take the plunge.

Dan

--- End quote ---

Ha, that's right I forgot Jacob was down there.  Nice!  Being active on forums and such helps spread the word.  I'm glad his posts brought you over!

On a related note, I will second what Mel said regarding RE's ads in MRH.  An updated ad would make a huge difference.  Running the same ad for a long period of time means that no one will notice it.  Most people probably skip right over it now.  Something fresh that is visually attractive will catch people's attention.   I'm not a an ad designer but I know what catches my eye and makes me investigate the product further, and RE's ads aren't doing that for me.

-Kevin

nodcc4me:
I have, on more than one occasion, offered to set up a booth at the Amherst Model Railway Club's huge annual show in Springfield, Mass., but Tim has declined, claiming they get enough business off of the internet. As busy as they are, maybe they do. 🤔

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version