RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

HC-2 opened up photo's

(1/4) > >>

Archive:
Originally posted by TS on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on May 15, 2015

Hello all,

While wandering about the 'net looking at hardwire installation ideas
(how I wish I had a loco with a 9 pin plug in it already!) I came across
this which I thought might interest some.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?34308-Railpro-Start-UP-W-Pics/page2

On the second page, which the link points to there is a couple of
photo's showing the HC-2 opened up, which shows the rechargeable
batteries. They are nothing short of AA size in a clip so that means
you do not have to send it back them them like they say to change the
batteries.

Now, back to thinking of ways to shoehorn these modules in......

Best to you all,

Tim
Land of OZ

Archive:
Originally posted by kpack05 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Jun 11, 2015

Tim,

I had seen this too a while ago.  I never had the guts to open up my unit (HC-1) because I'm mostly clueless when it comes to electronics.  I didn't want to take the risk of destroying something.

So question for all you electronic whizzes out there: would it be possible to change out the batteries for ones with a higher mAh rating?  Would that allow longer use time?  Would the unit be able to recognize the capacity of the batteries and therefore display the correct battery status information on the screen?

Just questions out of curiosity.  My HC-1 doesn't have quite the batteries that the HC-2 has, and I've been curious to see if they could be upgraded.  The current charge is more than sufficient for my needs, but a little more never hurts!

-Kevin

Archive:
Originally posted by William Brillinger on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Jun 11, 2015

Longer battery life would be nice on the HC-2 also ;)

Archive:
Originally posted by kpack05 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Jun 11, 2015

When I've been running, I seem to be able to use the HC for a very long time.  Usually I run for 30-45 minutes at a time a couple times a week, and I charge the HC once every other week.  It's when I'm updating or installing large files (prime movers) that my battery life gets wrecked!  How is it on the HC-2?

-Kevin

Archive:
Originally posted by goodbyemarissa on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Jun 11, 2015

I ran from a full charge to almost empty in one session lasting just shy of 4 hours. Screen brightness set to 15%. The HC-2 probably would have made the full 4 hours and more but I didn't want to run until it died.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version