RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Consisting

(1/2) > >>

Dean:
When you set up consisting, one engine is set up as 'lead'. When you get to the end of a run, you can 'run around' the cars and either reattach to the cars you just pulled in, or attach to a different set of cars and take them back.
Should you break the consist and make the engine that is now out front the 'lead' or can you run with the former 'lead' at the rear of the consist?

nodcc4me:
You can run it just as is, but you may have to adjust the lights on the new lead loco. If the original lead loco was the only one with sound it will still work but the new lead may or my not have sound, depending on your configuration.

Consisting takes so little time that you may just want to redo it in those situations.

William Brillinger:
I just go to the loco selection screen and choose the new lead loco... it's good to go. No problem!

nodcc4me:
That works too Bill, but the followers generally run without lights. When you just change the lead I don't think that automatically changes the lighting setup on all the locos, does it?

William Brillinger:
i don't really know, as I'm not running with lights yet, but it seems to me that it should since you'll be using the light button on the correct loco.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version