RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Sounds on the horizon

(1/13) > >>

KPack:
In conversations with Tim I've learned that Ring Engineering has many new high-quality recordings in their possession, and that work is beginning to create new prime mover files.  This will be welcome news to all of us diesel users, as the current Railpro prime mover files leave a lot to be desired.

Confirmed upcoming releases (no idea on release window...could be a while):
-GE Evolution 12-GEVO (for ES44 series) (already in beta, but got put on the back-burner to focus on hardware...HC-2 revisions and CI-1)
-GE Evolution 12-GEVO-T4 (for ET44 series)
-GE 7FDL-16 (Dash 9, AC4400
-EMD 710-G3B (SD70MAC, SD70, SD75)
-EMD 710-G3C-T2 (SD70Ace)

Unconfirmed but hinted at:
-EMD 16-645 Roots
-EMD 16-645E3
-EMD 16-567

These take a while to do, so I wouldn't expect them to be released quickly.  However, it is nice to know that we have some good, high-quality sounds coming our way.  From what I've heard of the GEVO beta the rest of these recordings should be awesome. 

-Kevin

William Brillinger:
YAY YAY YAY ! ! !   

I can't wait. Now if only the 645's were at the top of the list :(

CPRail:
Better EMD 645 files are great news, but sad that there are no Alco's on the list (still dreaming of a 251...)

Also would love a UA Turbo Train so I can module up my Rapido Turbo. Are there any instructions out there on making your own recordings for RailPro?

KPack:

--- Quote ---Now if only the 645's were at the top of the list
--- End quote ---

The 645E3 is at the top of my list, that's for sure.  I have SD40-2's that really need the right sound.

--- Quote ---Better EMD 645 files are great news, but sad that there are no Alco's on the list (still dreaming of a 251...)
--- End quote ---

Just because I don't have it on the list doesn't mean that Ring doesn't have recordings of it.  I have confirmed only the ones listed above, and read between the lines on the others.  I didn't ask anything about Alco's, as I don't model them, but it's possible that they've obtained recordings of those as well.

-Kevin

William Brillinger:
Tim did indicate to me some time ago that he did have excellent new recordings of multiple version of the EMD 645. So yes they are coming.

Be patient Billy, be patient. :)

As for the turbo, Ian, did you try the GTEL Turbine?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version