General > General Discussion

Piece of cake this time

<< < (2/2)

darryl.trains:
 Thanks fellows for the helpful hints very much. I really appreciate any and all comments whether good, bad or ugly.  :)

I will be for now just using the AM-1S for lighting and some sawmill sounds.

I was thinking of connecting the AM-1 for controlling the new switch machine MP-1 and see how that works. The fellow I bought this MP-1 from in California has been most helpful too by sending some written notes to aid in its use.

Lots of experimenting to see what works or not.  Nothing smoked up yet !     Having phun #########

Cheers, Darryl

darryl.trains:
 Michael and all,

I decided to give the MP-1 switch machine a trial run today.

At first, nothing happened after connecting the wires to their proper places. Double checked all connections and touched the switch button, picture, and still nothing. Then it dawned on me, duh, I forgot the enter 'motor' on the handheld. That did the trick.
You know that little MP-1 really works nice. It makes just a wee bit of gear noise when moving but I like that as it is just a short time and then you know something is working.

So now I do believe I'll have some other switch machines to peddle on eBay along with the DCC decorders as I am sold on these MP-1 switch machines as well as RailPro too. Looks like I'll be buying these MP-1 in bulk, better price too,  as I only bought one to try it out.

Just can't get any better than this, can it?

Cheers, Darryl along the rails ##########

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version