General > General Discussion

Ironic

<< < (4/6) > >>

darryl.trains:
Howdy y'all

No layout for me right now but the day will come. Just too much stuff to unpack but getting there.
 I really am not in a hurry as the club has a nice place to run trains, not large layout but still enough room for everyone.

So tonight, I get to show the PR handheld at the club's weekly gathering and just maybe find the engines that have been converted one of these days and then I'll really show what is possible.

The club wants to modify or actually redo the complete room with a update on everything. Now there is a slight chance they might get interested in RP?

I have offered Fast Tracks jigs to make new switches but I only have the code 83 ones and they were talking about doing code 100, oh well !
I have about 20 jigs and that should be an incentive to go with 83 but then I am the new kid on the block or so to speak.

So much in my bucket list as something new always shows up so I'll never catch up but can only keep trying like the rest of you.

Happy training, Darryl in Arid-zona

nodcc4me:
Darryl, at least you have the club to get your "train fix" for now. You may have a problem getting the guys to convert their DCC engines over to RP. Three of my fellow club members who were just starting their collection went with RP but some of the guys have way too many engines to start over, even though they like the system.

William Brillinger:
Don't underestimate the desire for a decent interface.
We have a member here who is converting 50+ units!

nodcc4me:
That is quite a project, not to mention the investment. More power to him. Pun intended.  ;)

Dean:
As I can afford it, I am converting my permanent consist. Mostly 4 and 5 engine setups and a few 'special' consist. One of the 'specials' is a ABA setup of F-M Trainmasters. Too many engines to do them all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version