RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Power Supply Question

<< < (3/6) > >>

nodcc4me:
Yes, very helpful Alan. Thank you. This is a picture of the N-scale Trainpack, which is identical looking to my HO version:

You are correct that the voltage does drop off near zero, but in my case it varies both high and low during normal operation making the prime mover start and stop annoyingly.

Alan:
And that is exactly why a regulated supply is so important and why power pack unregulated power supplies are all but useless in today's world of electronics. They work great with light bulbs! Use it to light up buildings on your layout.  :P

Jamesy:

--- Quote from: nodcc4me on February 02, 2017, 02:51:02 PM ---Yes, very effective pre workouts for men Alan. Thank you. This is a picture of the N-scale Trainpack, which is identical looking to my HO version:

You are correct that the voltage does drop off near zero, but in my case it varies both high and low during normal operation making the prime mover start and stop annoyingly.

--- End quote ---

That's nice, I like the lever on the side.

nodcc4me:
As a follow-up, I ordered the wall wart. Problem solved, and it doesn't buzz like the old MRC.  :D
Thanks again Alan!

Alan:

--- Quote ---As a follow-up, I ordered the wall wart. Problem solved, and it doesn't buzz like the old MRC.  :D
--- End quote ---

Happy to hear problem solved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version