RailPro > Finished RailPro Installation Examples

Kato SD40-2 - Deadrail Install with Railpro

<< < (5/5)

G8B4Life:

--- Quote from: Alan on March 05, 2017, 09:04:46 AM ---I mis-typed. Should be ARM, not AMD. The architecture, not the manufacturer

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification Alan, thought you might have had some magic insight and could tell who made it and what it likely was just by looking at it and what's around it.

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on March 05, 2017, 09:55:34 AM ---The article in question is available here:

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bill. For what it's worth I found out MRH's "next issue" clock is useless, It was available much much earlier that it said.

- Tim

William Brillinger:

--- Quote ---For what it's worth I found out MRH's "next issue" clock is useless, It was available much much earlier that it said.
--- End quote ---

The clock was counting down until the official release email. MRH is released early on the forums to let the regulars help find any errors that missed the editing process.

G8B4Life:

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on March 07, 2017, 06:56:16 AM ---The clock was counting down until the official release email. MRH is released early on the forums...
--- End quote ---

Thanks Bill, I was pretty sure subscribers (I am not one) were able to get it early, as you did, but thought the rest of had to wait for that clock to count down. It was less than half of the time remaining on the clock before it was available on the front page to me.

oh, and to keep this on topic; It was an interesting article to compare deadrail on DCC with deadrail on RailPro. I would hate to think of trying to cram all that extra stuff into my smaller than US prototype models!

- Tim

Alan:
The IOT wave is quickly advancing DC-DC converter technology. That may be useful good news for dead rail folks.

XP Power just released a new series of super compact DC-DC converters. JSM2512S15 is perfect for battery to RP power conversion. At 1" x 1" x 0.4" it should easily fit in HO models. It will provide steady, tightly regulated 15V at up to 1.67A until the battery drops below 9V. 

http://www.xppower.com/Portals/0/pdfs/SF_JSM25.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version