Author Topic: No AM-1S functions visible on HC-2b  (Read 2155 times)

Jimk33

• Fireman
No AM-1S functions visible on HC-2b
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
I just installed the RailPro AM-1S on my layout, and connected some of the village lights to output O1 and the common port.  My HC-2b had no problem finding the AM-1S, but there are no functions visible. I was able the name the AM-S1 through the utilities button, and the information button says "OK - No Faults," but I can't control anything.

Do I need to download software or functions to turn lights off and on?  That's all I'm trying to do now.  Eventually, I'd like to add some sounds, but I don't have a speaker connected yet.

Thanks for you help,
Jim

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: No AM-1S functions visible on HC-2b
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 07:49:29 AM »
Jim, you will need to create an Accessory Project in RailPro Assistant and transfer it to the AM-1S. The instructions are here:
http://www.ringengineering.com/RailProAssistantSoftware.htm
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Jimk33

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
Thank you.  Somehow I thought at least basic on/off functions would be preloaded but with so many options I suppose that's not feasible.  As usual "Read the manual!"

Thanks,
Jim

Jimk33

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 06:59:58 PM »
Kind of disappointed that the AM-1S I paid $80 for is essentially useless unless you also purchase the "feature enable" with RailPro Assistant for an additional $20.  I sprung for the program, but now don't know how to install it.

I paid for it and received a receipt, but now don't know how to activate it.  I paid for it yesterday.  Am I supposed to get an email telling me how to activate it?

Thanks,
Jim

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »
Yeah, it is a bit foul on Rings behalf that one. Note the AM-1 (non sound) when used as it comes for turnouts etc doesn't need you to create or download programs.

It'll take RE about a day to process your Feature Enable order. I don't know if you'll get an email or not but what you need to do is keep an eye out in RailPro Assistant. Up the top is a button that says "Feature Enable". If you click it and if RE has processed your order the Feature Enable will be available for download the same way as any other file using RPA.

If after a couple of days it's still not available to download give him a call or email.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
If after a couple of days it's still not available to download give him a call or email.

Yeah, that's a bit of a weak spot in the RP system.

I suggest you don't wait to call Ring Engineering.
And don't be afraid to tell him what you think about the "feature enable" option.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.