General > General Discussion

Low cost locomotive control module?

<< < (2/2)

Dean:
RCH:
I also have a lot of locomotives that I would like to convert to RailPro. So I converted some my permanent consist. This is where RailPro really shines. As I can I will convert more locomotives as I can. And running RailPro and DCC at the same time on the same layout is no problem at all.
If you check this thread, you can see how I interfaced the RailPro controller to some NCE switch controllers so that they could controlled from DCC and RailPro.

https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,261.0.html

Dean

rch:
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm working on a unit coal set and I think the load sharing would help with operating it. That may be the best place to start.

MtRR75:

--- Quote from: rch on March 20, 2017, 12:11:00 AM ---I'm working on a unit coal set and I think the load sharing would help with operating it. That may be the best place to start.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this recommendation.  I started RailPro with a unit coal train.  I prefer using a pusher rather than double heading.  I have done both, but the pusher is more prototypical for my railroad.  I watched the couplers as the train went by, and I could see that the first 2/3 of the train was being pulled and the last third was being pushed.  Cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version