RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Question about functions on the HC-2

(1/3) > >>

Archive:
Originally posted by Shawn Hogan on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 27, 2015

Hello Group,
Does the HC-2 have brakes? in other words is there an Fx button/icon that would act as a brake to stop the loco? Some of my DCC friends have this and I realize it is a function of their decoders primarily so maybe the question is better framed as: Does the LM-2 and LM-2S have a braking function?

Thank you, Shawn Hogan

Archive:
Originally posted by kpack05 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 13, 2015

Hi Shawn,

Currently the HC-2 does not have that function.  However, it shouldn't be too difficult to add it.  I know that I've brought it up to Tim in the past, but it was more in passing.  If we all request it then it will happen. 

The beauty of Railpro is that the software is easily updated with new features and programs.  All that has to happen is for Tim to write the code, have a few users beta test it, then release it as a general update.  Tim has already added a ton of new features since I first bought the system a few years ago.  I really don't think that adding a braking function would be hard.

Thoughts from anyone else?

-Kevin

Archive:
Originally posted by William Brillinger on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 27, 2015

I have requested this feature from Tim in the past. The more people that ask for it, the higher up it goes on the priority list.

- Bill

Archive:
Originally posted by Shawn Hogan on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 27, 2015

Well then I guess I'll make my request known :)

I got to thinking about it after a recent op session on a friend's layout who uses DCC. He has the momentum tweaked and then when you hit the "brake" button(in this case F6) the loco slows and stops more quickly than if you just turned the throttle knob down. Easy to use, fairly realistic and very handy for switching.

Archive:
Originally posted by TS on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 28, 2015

Not a bad idea. This could possibly be combined with a real
coasting/momentum feature and given enough development it could be made
to function like a real brake. If the brake logic was put onto the loco
modules every loco could have it's prototypical "brake stand".

I'm not sure how much I'd use such a feature though. It would be fun
for ops but not so great for roundy round things like train shows where
your just going in circles. You'd have to be able to say when you do
and don't want to use it.

Unfortunately even though everythings in software I don't think there'd
be much support for a feature I would like; vigilance control. I can
explain that one if anyone wants to know what it is.

Cheers,

Tim
Land of OZ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version