General > General Discussion

A waste of time

<< < (2/2)

darryl.trains:
Almost like eating crow but then never tried that bird.  Yesterday just for chet & giggles I looked for RP on eBay for some reason and there was a new in the box  RP AR-1 Reverse unit up for auction. Well it had been there for many days as there was just a short time left, minutes, so I made my move. $20 plus $2 and change for shipping. Next thing a little later on, the auction was closed and I received notice I had the only bid and to pay for the AR.  First time I ever saw anything on eBay that was not a dealer selling RP.  The old fardt in Yuma

nodcc4me:
A lucky catch Darryl. I have my eBay notifications set for anything RailPro, and the only ones I receive are for the LM's from Yankee Dabbler. I guess I would be less than happy seeing a lot of folks dumping RP.

darryl.trains:
Al
  I have notification of a product but this time eBay didn't pick this one up ?
I know there are many ways to list or have a notification such as RP, rail pro, railpro, ring engineering or even RE and this had one of these methods and but for dumb luck I found it the hard way. So now I will manually search eBay for RP etc once a week just in case someone might be selling an estate sale or the like and hit the jackpot. Not to hold my breath tho...
Cheers TOF in Arid-Zona

nodcc4me:
Good point Darryl. I will do the same.  ;)

darryl.trains:
 Just a follow up on my eBay episode with the RP AR-1 Auto Rev. I received it like it was described, in the original box with instructions and the unit looked brand new. Lucky no one else saw it as my bid of $20 and the shipping was just a little over $2 got the job done.  Most likely that was a fluke but who knows, might get lucky again with other RP goodies if no one is looking, ya right!

The old fardt in Yuma

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version