Author Topic: Accessory Project for powering air solenoids  (Read 136 times)

Jim Agnew

• Fireman
Accessory Project for powering air solenoids
« on: May 16, 2024, 01:01:17 PM »
Has anyone developed an accessory project for the AM-1S, that can control an air solenoid? If so, I would appreciate knowing what logic was used. Thanks.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Accessory Project for powering air solenoids
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:36:09 AM »
No one's posted anything like that here but it does sound like a cool project, and something I had though about before; though not specifically with RailPro as the control system.

If I may ask, what's the use case? If your thinking of throwing points (switches for most of you) you might be better off using the plain AM-1 and not the 1S as the plain version is designed for turnout control and the 1S is not. What the actual internal difference is I don't know but it's how Ring sells them.

If you post the the air solenoids you plan to use we might be able to make some suggestions for making a program.

- Tim

Jim Agnew

• Fireman
Re: Accessory Project for powering air solenoids
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:01:49 PM »
The “S” is my mistake. I currently am using the AirWire Linker and Activator to throw 5 air powered turnouts on my garden layout. Since I’ve converted some of my engines to Railpro, I’d like to eliminate the need for the AirWire controller.
I’ll see if I can get the specs on the solenoid.
When I asked Ring, they replied that someone had informed them that they had in fact accomplished what I wanted to do.

Jim Agnew

• Fireman