General > General Discussion

Sound Familiar?

<< < (12/12)

G8B4Life:
I had a reply typed out 14 hours ago, but called out. oh well.

--- Quote from: Alan on July 28, 2017, 08:08:53 PM ---Guys, please keep it civil on MRH. Let's rise above our emotions and focus on talking about the features and benefits of RP for that is the argument the detractors cannot win. ... and the rest of Alans post...

--- End quote ---

Good point Alan, I think we do a good a good job of this but we should always be mindful of it anyway. Some naysayers just have to have their say for some reason so we should try to avoid sinking to the same level when replying.

Pat,

I don't believe that beta testers should be subject matter experts in any sense (though it certainly can't hurt), their job is solely to provide feedback back to the developer on any anomalies (bugs) that are against the expected way something is supposed to work so the developer can fix it . A bonus to us is that beta testers have the exposure to any new features and can provide help to others sooner than everyone else but it's just a bonus, nothing else.

My post on the number of members here was just some simple stats I collected and should not be interpreted in any other way than what I got them for. What I was actually after in my stats was how long it had been since some of the zero posters had logged in, data I did not get as I wasn't prepared to spend the time. There will always be lurkers on forums, it's a part of forum life but I wanted to know, to the best I could get from the data available is have some people stopped visiting us.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version