RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Touch Screens vs. Knobs & Buttons

<< < (2/2)

William Brillinger:
Being able to choose which side of the screen the direction button is on has been on our wishlist for some time.

For most users it would be more convenient to have it on the left side, then you can have Direction in the top left corner, Horn in the bottom left corner and Bell above the Horn.

In theory this would make one handed operation possible.

If you ask me, I can't tell you.

MtRR75:

--- Quote from: Michael Larson on August 04, 2017, 09:03:35 PM ---My problem is that my right index finger doesn't always reliably engage a touch screen, including the iPhone I am using right now.  Not sure why.  Other digits have greater success but of course are not the easiest for me to use.  In particular is the lower left button on the screen which typically actuates the horn/whistle.  After the frustration of from four to eight failures, I break down and use my thumb.

Michael

--- End quote ---

I have the same problem as you.  I have reduced circulation to my hands.  My fingers are cold most of the time -- even in the summer.  This also leads to less sensitivity in my fingers.  I have often wondered if my touch screen problems are related to my circulation problems.

I saw somewhere (maybe on an earlier post  on this forum) where the poster recommended using a Q-tip to tap the screen.  I find that very useful, especially on the button settings screen, where the buttons are small and jammed together.

William Brillinger:
I have a variety of lengths of skewer that I use for uncoupling, I find I like them to be about 4 to 5 inches long.

I round off the flat end of the skewers and use them to tap the screen, they work very very well for me.

Viper:

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on August 06, 2017, 11:28:07 AM ---I have a variety of lengths of skewer that I use for uncoupling, I find I like them to be about 4 to 5 inches long.

I round off the flat end of the skewers and use them to tap the screen, they work very very well for me.

--- End quote ---

They now make ink pens with little rubber nubs at the bottom which i fine very handy with smart phones tablets and Railpro controller  touch screen

darryl.trains:
Hmmm, after a little thought I have come up with an idea. A button to turn on-off the hand held, possibly near the top as not to accidentally get bumped and cause a problem. Actually a button could be somewhere else too but this would be my preference.
Are we having phun yet?
Cheers, the old guy in Arid-Zona

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version