General > General Discussion

So Quiet...

(1/2) > >>

PatP:
Wow, everyone must be mesmerized by the eclipse 8). Nothing's been posted since Sunday.

PatP

TwinStar:
Pat, I know I've been absent as I have been focusing my energy lately on the modules that I'm building. I have made significant leaps in my 3D modeling and my attempts to build an exacting replica on the Triple Underpass on the Dallas Union Terminal module set. It isn't RailPro but it will soon host a lot of RP equipped passenger trains.

If you're bored:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/twinstar-rail

PatP:
Nice Jacob. Your pillars look just like the ones in the photos I found.

PatP

TwinStar:
Thanks Pat. No records exist of this bridge that I could find. I had to measure it, draw it, and then 3D model it before I could build the module framework to host it. It's even more complicated since this bridge will have a double crossover with double slips on 3 of the 4 corners on top of it with the switch motors hidden underneath. I'm now 2 years and 8 months into this bridge and I should receive the test prints this weekend. It's been a long process but it's coming together. I'm looking forward to running a Twin Star Rocket, Texas Special, and Texas Chief across it.

TwinStar:
3D modeling pic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version