RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

RailPro Assistant 3.20 / HC Simulator 2.00

<< < (2/2)

KPack:
Do you have the HC-Sim running at the same time?  If that is on, it will show that an HC is connected.  And you can't have the HC-Sim program on, and have a HC-2 plugged in at the same time. 

If you don't have the HC-Sim connected, try plugging in the HC-2 with the screen turned off.  Once plugged in, turn it on and it should download properly to the HC-2.

If none of that works/applies then it may be necessary to delete and reinstall the RPA program.  There is a guide to doing that somewhere on here.....

-Kevin

gcarter1945:
Thanks for the quick reply Kevin.

I didn't have HC-Sim running, nor the HC-2 plugged in, nor the CI-1 plugged in.

I uninstalled RPA and reloaded it.  Again, with nothing else plugged in or running, when RPA came up it again showed the USB Connected.  And if I try downloading from the HC2, it eventually tells me that it can't connect to the internet.  I know I'm connected to the internet, as I am on the same computer looking at and replying to this user group.

Tis a puzzlement.

Geoff

gcarter1945:
OK, so I uplugged my RR-CirKits LocoBuffer-USB (connecting Decoder Pro to my Digitrax layout) and now I no longer have the problem of "USB Connected" in the Download List to Handheld Controller area.

One problem solved.  Now another one crops up... No matter what sequence I follow, I can't get the "USB Connected' message when I actually connect the HC to the PC.

Any Ideas?

Geoff

nodcc4me:
Geoff, sometimes you might have to unplug the HC from the USB port and plug it back in a few times before it will connect. It has been that way from day one.

G8B4Life:

--- Quote from: gcarter1945 on October 01, 2017, 01:52:57 PM ---OK, so I uplugged my RR-CirKits LocoBuffer-USB (connecting Decoder Pro to my Digitrax layout) and now I no longer have the problem of "USB Connected" in the Download List to Handheld Controller area.

--- End quote ---

I'd love to investigate this further but I don't have a LocoBuffer-USB and I won't be getting (read buying) one for testing at the price they are. It appears from first research the conflict could be with the drivers for the HC and the LocoBuffer-USB. Both use virtual COM ports for PC to device communication so that is my first suspicion. In theory RailPro Assistant shouldn't be able to see the LocoBuffer-USB as it should have a different device id to the HC.

Geoff, did you have any luck in getting the HC to connect to RailPro Assistant?  Without the LocoBuffer-USB plugged in does RailPro Assistant show USB Connected when HC Simulator is run?

I'll probably list this as a bug until we know any different. If there is a bug (either on Ring's end or on RR-Cirkits end) then we may see this popping up more.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version