RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

NEW: Dual Mode (DCC), ULT Sounds, Load/Brake Dynamic Momentum Features Avaialble

<< < (2/10) > >>

William Brillinger:

--- Quote ---How does the DCC compatiablity help RP users?
--- End quote ---

Dual Mode DCC allows 3 things to happen:

1, it allows RailPro users to consist their RP units with DCC units. (like that's ever going to happen!)
2, it lets people feel more comfortable during transition from DCC to RP because they can switch back to DCC if they don't like RP and have not wasted their investment.
3, it lets DCC people take advantage of the Super Easy Programming via the CI-1 and Fantastic Sound that RP now offers thereby expanding the market for the LM.

I think the big driver behind the Dual Mode integration is point 3, market expansion.
Otherwise DCC integration is no big deal for a RailPro user.

William Brillinger:

--- Quote ---Are the True Motion Technology and Ultimate Sounds going to be applied to steam locomotives, too?
--- End quote ---

That's a very good question, and one that I don't have an answer for.

I suspect the "true motion technology" would be basically the same for Steam as it is for diesel, since it is based around the physics of momentum.

For sounds, I suspect Tim Ring will need somebody who has good access to Steam Locomotives to make various improved recordings like Bruce has done for Diesels before any Ultimate steam sounds will be created.

nodcc4me:
Since the steam chuffs are related to revolutions of the drivers, and not on prime mover notching, I doubt the load function has an effect on steam engines. I'll try it later and report back.

William Brillinger:

--- Quote ---Since the steam chuffs are related to revolutions of the drivers, and not on prime mover notching, I doubt the load function has an effect on steam engines. I'll try it later and report back.
--- End quote ---

Good Point, if you have a sensor for revolutions already, you have momentum based sound :)

DISCLAIMER: I don't know anything about modelling steam engines.

G8B4Life:

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on September 26, 2017, 09:38:19 PM ---You will also Need to update any lighting effects to the REV2 versions.

--- End quote ---

I think I might scream under my breath, it appears Ditch REV2 has a bug. There is also something to be wary of with Dim Rev2. Those who use it may notice slight flickering of LED's when using the Dim REV2 function (bulbs may not have noticeable flickering). I'll explain how to fix it after the sun has come up.

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on September 26, 2017, 09:38:19 PM ---I haven't looked over the manual yet to see if it covers the use of the load and Brake buttons yet, so if there are questions about setting these features up, please ask.

--- End quote ---

The new manual covers the load and brake functions.

I didn't pay close attention when I downloaded the 645 Turbo ULT file but it appears a bunch on new ULT prime movers were uploaded inbetween my downloading and when I just checked again a few minutes ago.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version