RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

remove RPA on a Parallels equipped Mac

(1/5) > >>

TwinStar:
Can someone help a non-PC guy remove RPA on a Parallels equipped Mac? I haven't been able to update now for well over a year.

William Brillinger:
What version of windows are you running on Parallels Jacob?

G8B4Life:
To remove RailPro Assistant on any version of Windows:

* Delete the RailPro Assistant folder and all it's contents from: C:\Program Files\Ring Engineering\
* Delete the RailPro Assistant folder (if it exists) and all it's contents from: C:\ProgramData\Ring Engineering\You'll need administrator privileges on Vista and above to delete from the Program Files folder.

Jacob, do you want to completely remove RPA from the machine for good, like forever or do you want to be able to install the latest version?
If you want to install the latest version we can try a manual upgrade so you won't have to loose anything already in RPA.

- Tim

PatP:
Jacob,

Administrator access wouldn't overwrite the existing or let me delete anything. It would let me rename the folders from "RailPro Assistant" and "RailPro HC Simulator" to "RPA" and "RPHCS" to be able to install the new versions. After I did a clean install of the new versions I was able to go back and delete the renamed folders and files.

PatP

Have I mentioned that I hate windows!

TwinStar:

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on September 27, 2017, 09:34:21 PM ---What version of windows are you running on Parallels Jacob?

--- End quote ---

Win 7

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version