Welcome to RPUG > New Users Start Here

Introduce Yourself...

<< < (50/51) > >>

JRad:
Should work fine for you then. If it's a large layout you may need a repeater or two even if running dead rail.

So far, ring has failed to come out with a repeater only device. The PWR-56 isn't needed in a dead rail situation to power the system, but it is the only choice for a repeater.  Some dealers will sell you one without the external power supply which may not be needed if you have an alternate source to power it. In my case, that alternate source would be a battery.

Hammer:
I have an  aristrocraft RS-3 and USAT GP7/9 for like 15yrs and finally getting to build my railroad... some patience there.  My name is John Hammer and I live in CT, but I'm from western new york. I am a Licensed Landscape Architect in a couple states and also a rail fan so this is a natural fit.  Built a couple of 400' layouts at my moms, she moved.... thus the second one.... but they were live rail run and I'm going dead rail, done with power in tracks. I operate HO track powered DCC at Silk City Model RR at Time Machine Hobby in Manchester CT now for 15yrs or so, it's one of if not the largest layouts in New England, I'm on the board.

Anyway, my grr will be a tinny 100' loop, I'm just trying to put trains in my gardens for ambiance, I do prototypical work orders at Silk City every 2 weeks for my realism fix LOL.

Really need help with the ring setup, specifically, haven't found good youtube videos on what all the wires from the LM-4 harness do.  I don't understand how you get the blue wire to turn on lights for example.

Just got all my parts to conver the RS3 and GP7/9 today from Robbie at RLD.

Jdiesel1319:
My name is Josh. I’ve had mor trains for years. Just got rail pro and growing my fleet of radio controlled locomotives. I’m here for more info about rail pro. Also to lean how to install it in scaletrains locos and make everything work, as well as other locos. Still learning the button set up as well, if anyone has any tips or tricks or videos on this that would be great! Thanks!

G8B4Life:
Welcome to the group Josh,

Normally I wouldn't answer questions directly in this thread but as there's no way to split your post in two and so we can move the question to it's own topic I will.

The User guides board has one guide on buttons but it's about what they mean and what they are for, not how to set them up.

You've already discovered KPacks videos. They are the best that I know of. If I recall correctly he did one about buttons and setting them up.

- Tim

FoamerGene:
Hi all.  I'm almost jumping out of my skin in anticipation of what RailPro is going to do for me.  I've been dreaming about building my own layout for about 75 years and I'm finally doing it!  By job history, I'm a computer/electrical engineer, so when I saw the feedback logic built into AM-1b and HC-2 I got pretty excited.  Much of my work experience involved computer control of electric utility systems.  Needless to say, there is a lot of control and feedback in those systems and RailPro incorporates a lot of how I would do things.  Soon I'll be posting an idea/question on the thread labeled "TurnOut Feedback signals to AM-1b".  Hurray!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version