RailPro > Finished RailPro Installation Examples

Railpro installation video

(1/2) > >>

KPack:
Here's a video I made some time ago showing a simple Railpro install and how to set up the locomotive module for the first time.  This is geared more towards people who are unfamiliar with Railpro and how it works. 

-Kevin

Paul Schmidt:
Great how-to, Kevin. Clear and concise.

I envy you Rail Pro users -- it makes programming a breeze, and consisting so easy.

KPack:
Paul - that's exactly the main reason I switched.  Programming and speed matching were something I came to detest with DCC.  Flipping the programming track from 'program' to 'run' over and over, while changing CV's in JMRI was time consuming and archaic.  Speed matching was terrible for me.  I would spend forever matching two locomotives in one direction, only to have them not be matched in the other direction.  It was incredibly frustrating.

For me, Railpro has put the fun back into running trains.

Thanks for watching the video.  I hope it was helpful.  I'm not a videographer but I try to make tutorials that are at least watchable.

-Kevin

G8B4Life:
Oh don't be modest Kevin, A videographer maybe not but a great salesman most definitely  ;D

I think you should post here your RailPro review video as well, and it be made sticky. It was the only video I needed to watch to take the plunge. Much better than the official videos IMHO.

Tim

Paul Schmidt:

--- Quote from: KPack on October 08, 2015, 06:41:47 PM ---I would spend forever matching two locomotives in one direction, only to have them not be matched in the other direction.  It was incredibly frustrating.

--- End quote ---

Messing about with binary/CVs and  the identical frustrations you describe when speed matching is why I too want to distance myself from DCC, Kevin. When Bill B. first explained on the MRH forum how easy it was to set up a consist with RailPro, he had me sold immediately.

I'm might be wrong, but I'm assuming some of the ease in consisting occurs when RailPro determines an individual locomotive's maximum current full load with the wheels slipping. That would give the system a baseline from which to compare and adjust the speed of each locomotive in the consist?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version