RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

RailPro Assistant 3.21 released

<< < (2/3) > >>

cnw4621:
I turned off AVG completely, still getting the  "Error -could not copy files from Ring Engineering."

Now what?

cnw4621:
Ok, downloaded the offline installer, was finally able to get v 3.21 installed on my PC.

CPRail:
I'm running into issues getting RPA 3.21 installed. Going from RE's site, I get "cannot download files from Ring Engineering". Trying to install the offline version, I get "could not copy RPA package".

Oddly enough, I easily updated my HC-2bs from the RPA 3.20 I currently have installed as well as downloaded the latest LM-2S & LM-3S updates.

Clearly I can communicate with the RE site, so what am I doing wrong?

I live in a major city with high speed internet, so no worries about satellite internet, etc.

Thoughts?

nodcc4me:
Ian, try deleting the existing RPA file. It is located in Windows Explorer/ Program files/ Ring Engineering. Then download V. 3.21 again.

G8B4Life:
Ian,

If your getting "Could not copy RailPro Assistant Package" from the offline installer this means that Windows is blocking the installer from copying the package file to the correct directory, namely C:\Program Files\Ring Engineering\RailPro Assistant . I'd hazard a guess that's the same reason you get the "Could Not Copy Files from Ring Engineering" error when using Ring's installer.

Try running Rings installer as Administrator (Right click, Run as Administrator) and if that doesn't work try running the offline installer as  Administrator. If neither work running as Administrator we'll have to discover why Windows is not allowing either installer access to the directory.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version