RailPro > Finished RailPro Installation Examples

Rapido SW1200RS

<< < (2/4) > >>

Alan:
Looking at you image I have to say no way. The plastic wrapper around a LM is thin plastic with the innards tight against it for the most part. Minus wrapper you save maybe 0.060" total width/height. Looks like you need much more than a few thousandths.

CPRail:
Nuts. I really was hoping to avoid tossing the board. More poking and pondering to come!

Stay tuned.

CPRail:
I've done as much pondering as possible, and Alan is right. The board has got to go.

Assuming I can figure out which leads on the board go to the headlights (the cab headlight has solder pads, so it's easy), what do I need to do to ensure that RailPro doesn't blow up those nice SMDs that Rapido uses?

I presume some kind of resistor or something?

If I switch to micro-bulbs, I suspect I need something as well, but what?

Alan:

--- Quote from: CPRail on March 11, 2019, 04:25:59 PM ---I presume some kind of resistor or something?

--- End quote ---

Yes. 1,000 ohm (1k) is a good starting value to try. Higher resistor values (1.5K - 10k) will make the LED dimmer. Lower resistor values (680 - 910) will make the LED brighter.

--- Quote from: CPRail on March 11, 2019, 04:25:59 PM ---If I switch to micro-bulbs, I suspect I need something as well, but what?

--- End quote ---

Stick with LEDs. Bulbs eventually burn out.

emd_16645:
Before junking the factory board, is there any wasted space between the board and the motor?  I've seen in some cases where there is as much as 1/4" between the top of the motor and the board.  Might be able to cut down the spacer to gain your space.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version