RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

HC-2 and HC-2b revision 2.09 released

<< < (8/9) > >>

nodcc4me:
Version 2.21 is not listed in RPA. I wonder if you got a beta version? I would call Tim Ring. He should have an answer.

G8B4Life:
That's definitely odd. We've never had that one here before. Al may be correct that somehow you got a HC with a beta version of the software on it. A call or email to Ring Engineering should sort out if that's the case or not. In any event if it's not beta I don't know if it's possible to downgrade the software to a previous version anyway.

I'll be splitting this topic to it's own thread as some point.

- Tim

JRad:
Thanks Tim & Al.

I emailed Tim Ring. I'll report back what I hear.

JRad:
I received a very quick, if not very personable reply....

--- Quote ---IMPORTANT: You only update a handheld if the online version is a higher number then the one you already have.
Please do not update your handheld that 2.21 until you see an online revision that is higher than 2.21.
The Rev 2.21 accommodates for different hardware in the handhelds revisions in the handhelds and no there is no significant functionality difference in an handheld with older hardware at 2.09 and a handheld with newer hardware one at 2.21.

Please do not update a handheld that has the same version as on the internet site.  There is no reason to update a handheld that has rev 2.09 with 2.09. 

--- End quote ---

So, I was correct that I am already ahead of the updates on my newer controller.  I assume the reason that my HC has such a high version number is that the 12 revisions allow for breathing room when updating older hardware.

nodcc4me:
Good to know since we have never heard of that before. Thanks, JRad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version