Author Topic: EMD 567-16 ULT Prime mover available  (Read 116 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
EMD 567-16 ULT Prime mover available
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:07:48 AM »
When did this sneak in?

Noticed today there is now an EMD 567-16 ULT prime mover file available.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: EMD 567-16 ULT Prime mover available
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 09:38:28 AM »
It went up on the weekend, but it's still in testing AFIK.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 06:40:12 PM »
If it's still up for everyone to download, then I would.  It sounds excellent.  Recorded directly from a 16-567C.  Lots of prominent exhaust, and very smooth transitions up and down the notches.

I'd eventually like to have a second 567 file with a bit more of the "whine" that so many 567's have....that kind of mechanical whirring of the prime mover as it's throttling down.  Not really sure how to describe it.  But this new file is great and well worth the download.

-Kevin

BruceRogers

• Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 04:45:18 PM »
Kevin, I'd like to get that sound too. I'm thinking about adding another microphone nearer the roots blowers so the exhaust doesn't drown out the whine. I might need to talk to a sound expert to see what can be done.

KPack

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »
Bruce, that was my thought also.  I'm guessing the microphone was up near the exhaust stacks then?  I think if you have one mic mounted up on top, and one mounted down near the roots blower, then coordinate the recordings of both by using a clapper, Tim should be able to mix both together in post processing and have both the loud exhaust as well as the whine.

-Kevin

BruceRogers

• Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 09:38:04 PM »
Kevin, That's correct the microphone is up by the exhausts. It might be possible to move it further away so that it doesn't override the whine. I might try that first.