Author Topic: Use of a LM3s on an accessory project.  (Read 1466 times)

KiloWhiskey

• Engineer
  • Kevin W.
Use of a LM3s on an accessory project.
« on: August 14, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »
Can a LM-3S work in this application? If so, this may spur some cool projects The entire article is available if you google the August edition of the 2012 MRH.

Kevin

Here is link to article
https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/magazine/mrh-2012-08-aug
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 04:14:20 PM by KiloWhiskey »
Kevin

In my defense, I was left unsupervised....

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Use of a LM3s on an accessory project.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »
Sure, why not.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 08:53:08 AM »
The LM-3S would work fine for this.  Load the LM-3S Accessory 1.00 program onto the module and now you have an accessory module.  There are a few pre-programmed projects that you can download and look at to see how the programming works.  Then use what you learned to create your own program to do all the functions you need to make a working crane.  You set your own buttons, functions, and everything.  The LM-3S would easily do all this, plus have custom sound if you did it right.

-Kevin

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 09:04:49 AM »
Kevin's suggestion would be the ideal solution. If you aren't in the mood to write an accessory program an LM should drop right into place in Geoff's schematic. Although the sounds would not be synchronized to the crane controls.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro