Author Topic: LGB MOGUL - can I keep the factory sounds with RP?  (Read 1119 times)

Highball-HeavyMountain

• Fireman
LGB MOGUL - can I keep the factory sounds with RP?
« on: January 05, 2021, 03:08:41 AM »
Hello, I’m new here.

I come from an n scale background and recently got into g gauge because I found a really good deal on track and old rolling stock. I also have more space outside than I do inside so it just made sense to have a garden railroad. Decided I’d give it a try and it sure is fun! So I have an LGB mogul and would like to run rail pro. I already have converted a Bachmann Annie over and it works great. I’m using the light steam sounds. 

However, since there is really only a single light steam sound from rail pro, I didn’t want both steam engines sounding exactly the same. Hence, figured I’d try to use the built-in LGB sounds.

If it’s not possible, is there another way to have more than one steamer sound so if I’m
 running at the same time they don’t sounding like the engine?

Thanks,

Brian

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: LGB MOGUL - can I keep the factory sounds with RP?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 08:51:21 AM »
Welcome to the group, Brian.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use the built-in steam sounds, but you can load as many of Ring's steam sounds into the LM as it will hold. Currently, there are at least four. They are not bad, and Ring is working on a new ultimate steam sound as well as a new chuff that will be more synchronized than the current version. Since there is room for larger speakers in G scale locomotives, they should sound much better than HO.

Pictures of your garden layout would be welcome.  ;)
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

trainman605

• Engineer
Re: LGB MOGUL - can I keep the factory sounds with RP?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:05:38 AM »
I have RailPro in my LGB diesels, Alco's and the #50 switcher, I also have two LGB Moguls ready to go for the RailPro installs. My engines are ready to go and all wiring is wired to the tender, LED's installed, and the engines totally redone to a great looking Mogul. I personally don't care for the RailPro steam sounds and I want a NG steam sound like those in the C or K class D&RGW NG sounds. So for the time being the two Moguls are setting on the shelf in a glass case, they make very nice displays.

trainman