Author Topic: Heavy Steam ULT  (Read 1518 times)

DaneG

• Fireman
Heavy Steam ULT
« on: February 08, 2021, 10:40:23 PM »
So I just downloaded the new Heavy Steam ULT sound file but it seems to have created some adverse side effects in my engines. I loaded the file into 2 locomotives, but now none of the other sounds work on them. No bells. No whistles. Nothing.

Also, I downloaded the latest upgrade to the LM-3S module in each engine before loading in the Heavy Steam ULT file.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Heavy Steam ULT
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:07:25 AM »
Dane, It wouldn't be a bad idea to call Tim Ring, but if you want to try a few things first, this is what I would do:

The latest LM-3s file is 2.30. Double-check that on the Info screen in both engines before doing anything else. If that is OK it sounds like the Heavy Steam ULT file may be corrupt. Delete the ULT file from one of the engines and see if the other sound files are working. If not, something may have been damaged in the modules during the file transfer. If the sounds are working, delete the ULT file in the other engine and in RPA. Download it again from the Ring server and copy it over onto the HC and one of the modules. If that works copy it into the other module and you should be good. If this doesn't work there is a small possibility that the LM-3s update 2.30 is bad. You will have to contact Ring for more advice. Good luck.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

trainman605

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 09:56:44 AM »
I did listen to the new sound on the LSC Forum and I like it, or should I say I liked it much more then the original steam sound, which I thought was not too good. I have two LGB moguls waiting for RailPro steam installs, but I think at this time I will give it sometime and let the bugs sort there self out, I not that big of a hurry to get steam sounds anyway, I've become more of a diesel guy in my old age and really like the RailPro diesel sounds. 

trainman

DaneG

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 10:37:17 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.

I updated the LM-S3 to Rev2.30, but I accidentally did so after loading in the Heavy Steam ULT file. Maybe doing it backwards like that created this issue. I think I will delete all files off of the LM-3S and reload the files I want. Maybe a clean slate will fix everything.

trainman - Interestingly, the Heavy Steam ULT file sounded good, but not that much different to me. Maybe I'm still running the original Heavy Steam and don't even realize it. In either case, it seems like I've got some issues to work through.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 10:46:32 AM »
I initially made the same mistake because I wasn't aware of the new module update. It didn't sound right at all and the chuffs were totally messed up but I did not experience problems with the other sound files. Once I figured out why I just had to update the modules and the ULT sound worked properly. In your case I think starting over is probably the best solution.
Al

DaneG

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 12:51:57 PM »
nodcc4me:

Awesome name by the way...

Worked on this last night and it turns out that my LM-S3 was not running the latest software update Rev2.30. What's interesting is that I actually did download it previously, but apparently it did not successfully load into the module. I ended up clearing out every single file from the engine, re-updated to Rev2.30 and then re-loaded my files. Now it works fine.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 12:58:19 PM »
Thanks, Dane. I'm glad you figured it out. It does sound good and will be worth the trouble. A good learning experience too.
Al