Author Topic: Making progress - next up is flashing ditch lights  (Read 1510 times)

Davidbross

• Engineer
Making progress - next up is flashing ditch lights
« on: March 30, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »
Is there a current guide on flashing ditch lights?  Today I got the headlight, front number board and marker lights lit.  Next in line is the ditch lights.  When in forward, looking to oscillate when horn blows and be constant when not being blown.  Also, one of my horns is a custom file that has four blows before it stops.  Will the system recognize this as a cue to make them oscillate?

Also, is there a way to have the headlight and number board and ditch lights automatically come on when the engine is powered up rather than having to go in each time and turn them on manually?

Davidbross

• Engineer
Re: Making progress - next up is flashing ditch lights
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:49:31 AM »
Anybody?  I used the search feature but I don't think the replies are to the current version of the software.

I scrolled through the lighting effects, but some engineer must have named them.  It's not obvious what they do at all.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Making progress - next up is flashing ditch lights
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:54:34 AM »
Please be patient, we all have lives away from here and bumping your thread less than 24 hours after posting might not be the coolest thing to do.

Edited: I have now written an updated version of the guide: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,1204.0.html

Also, one of my horns is a custom file that has four blows before it stops.  Will the system recognize this as a cue to make them oscillate?

Yes, as long as it's the first only horn button or as per the rules in my guide if you have more than one horn button only the first second horn button will trigger the auto ditch light on horn function (presuming two horn buttons, if you had three then the third would presumably be the one to trigger the auto ditch light function).

IAlso, is there a way to have the headlight and number board and ditch lights automatically come on when the engine is powered up rather than having to go in each time and turn them on manually?

No.

- Tim
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:21:41 AM by G8B4Life »