General > General Discussion

Assistant

(1/4) > >>

ronp:
Most often when opening RP Assistant it does not connect to Ring.  I cycle the program on/off and every now and then it connects. So far this morning I have been unable to connect.   I was hoping someone might help me to be more consistent.
Ron

G8B4Life:
Been a while since someone reported having trouble connecting to Rings server.

Firstly, are you are using the latest version of RPA (v4.01)? If not download the latest version and try again.

Secondly, if you have a firewall you can try turning it off while trying RPA and see if you can connect first time every time when the firewall is off. If it does the firewall may need an explicit rule to allow RPA access out.

Also, if your trying to do this over WiFi then if you can also try with a wired connection (ie, network cable between the computer and router); WiFi can just sometimes be flaky.

If your using the latest version of RPA and if you have a firewall and it's set up properly to allow RPA access out then we'll need to delve further.

- Tim

William Brillinger:
Also, what anti-virus product are you using? Avast is know to cause issues with Ring's software.

ronp:
Thank you for the responses and the fixes.

-Revision 4.01 is installed
-security is malwarebytes on windows version 10.0, I do get thru to RE sometimes, but most often not
- I have not tried turning the firewall off, that will be my next effort
- I am using wifi so I will also try a wired connection...I'll have to obtain an ethernet cable.

When I do get connected the downloads seem to run just fine.

ronp:
i checked my firewall.  It is on and has ring engineering ap listed to let thru

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version