Author Topic: New problem with engine name  (Read 2395 times)

Josephbw

• Conductor
New problem with engine name
« on: May 31, 2021, 01:40:46 PM »
In all the messing around with my engine files, I managed to lose the name and the ability to connect with one of my engines on one of my HC's. I can connect with my other HC and with the HC simulator.

If I try to "Find Product" I get a "No product found error" on that one HC. I went to the "Locomotive setup page", and tried to input the name of the loco, but that didn't work either, since it couldn't find the loco.

BTW this engine has an LM3s module, if that matters.

Any suggestions?
Joe

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:49:41 PM by Josephbw »

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: New problem with engine name
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 03:04:34 PM »
On the HC with the problem, the locomotive  is probably still there, which is why it can’t be found. Go to Delete File and see if it comes up. If so, delete it and Find it again. You won’t have to change any of the LM3s settings.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 04:57:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply Al. Unfortunately, the engine didn't show up in the delete file. All the rest of them seem to be there, just not that one.

Joe

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 08:58:22 PM »
Since you can see and use the loco on other HC's I think we can rule out you accidentally gave it a password.

I went to the "Locomotive setup page", and tried to input the name of the loco, but that didn't work either, since it couldn't find the loco.

How did you do this? Do you mean the Select Locomotive page? If you can't access the loco there's no way to access the Locomotive setup page.

The loco is still in the HC, that's why you can't detect it again but it's entry in the internal detected products table has a problem so that's why it's apparently not showing.

Was this the last LM you added to the HC? if not is there a blank space in the loco select screen (either from the locomotives button on the main page or the locomotives button on the remove products page) where it should be? If you use the Loco List feature of the select screen does it's name or a blank line that you can select show there?

If there's no blank space / name or blank line in the loco list then you'll probably have to remove all products from the HC using the Remove All Products button. That should clear everything out of the internal detected products table in the HC. You'll have to re-detect everything again for that HC after doing that.

- Tim

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 08:12:53 AM »
Hi Tim,
When I get time this afternoon I'll go down and check and see if I can answer your questions. This LM has been in this engine for years and is the only LM ever in it, as far as I know. Also, it used to be in this HC before all the issues I was having lately.

Thanks, Joe

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 12:32:11 PM »
Hi Tim,
In answer to your question, I went to adjust settings, set up page, and tried to input the engine number, that didn't work. This was not the last loco entered, and there were no blank spaces in the loco select or the remove products pages. It is also absent from the loco list section.

I'll remove all products, and hopefully, that will find it when I do the find products. I just have to wait for the HC to get recharged again.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
Joe

PS. How do you change an engine in the loco list?

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 06:23:40 PM »
I got all the engines dumped from my HC, and then put them all back in the HC, and everything is working as it should (I hope). I thought I would make it easier to find the engines so I entered them in alpha-numeric order. After I got done it became obvious that that was not going to work, as they work their way to the front every time you call up that engine. Live and learn. :)

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Joe

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 09:28:37 PM »
Glad it worked.

PS. How do you change an engine in the loco list?

You turn the throttle knob; Left to scroll up, right to scroll down, or visa versa.

- Tim

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 07:47:19 AM »
Well I'll be ......, I tried everything but that. Thanks a lot Tim.  ;D

Joe

Gibs

• Engineer
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 07:56:02 PM »
Sometimes the answer is so simple that you can't see it for the big knob that just gets in the way.

PS: As to which knob I'm referring too I'll leave that up to you.😆😅😂🤣
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 08:03:53 PM by Gibs »
Cya Down The Line.