General > General Discussion

Is MRH anti RailPro?

(1/3) > >>

G8B4Life:
Is MRH anti RailPro? It seems every time the publisher has something to say about it he has to put it down just because it's "proprietary". I can't recall ever seeing anything positive about RP from him. He sure seems happy to take the advertising dollars though.

Why am I asking such a useless question? those that read the MRH forums will no doubt have seen the "Train control IS going wireless. DCC will fade away" thread which contained the usual RP bashing when it was bought up. Well the premise of that thread is the basis for the Publisher's musings column for the June '21 issue of MRH, in which the publisher is "going to ignore RailPro because it's a proprietary system that's not DCC" (he also ignored the various BlueTooth offerings but not because they are not DCC but because of feature set) yet he then by example adds a proprietary wireless system to a proprietary DCC system. Do I start laughing now?

Given that RailPro has an equal or better feature set to DCC, is already wireless and is no more proprietary than a DCC system in itself and no more proprietary than the wireless transmitters and receivers to make wireless DCC happen it is just anti RailPro sentiment or is it not allowed to upset the DCC fanboys that might pay for the non free products?

- Tim

GMM6809:
I do think they are anti-RailPro. The guys at the club I’m in have never heard of it before, and when I brought my two engines in they were pretty impressed.
They liked how setting can be adjusted on the fly and that they communicate to each other to consist easily. But they didn’t really understand what I was talking about before I brought them in.

My one friend bought a TCS wi throttle to use at the club layout, but because that system and the NCE system don’t talk to each other regarding consists he won’t be able to use his throttle during operations. Because consists made by the NCE don’t transfer to TCS. So the person running the yard and building trains making consists can’t ‘hand it off’ to him using his new throttle because the lead engine doesn’t respond. Lol

But I’ll try today with my RailPro stuff, to see if while they’re consisted of the NCE system can retain that or if it has to be re-done too..

William Brillinger:
MRH has indicated to me that they would be very happy to publish articles about RailPro. I would love to see that also, but I don;t have time to make said articles. If anybody wants to write articles about installing and using RailPro, MRH would like to pay you for it!

GMM6809:

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on June 18, 2021, 12:40:21 PM ---MRH has indicated to me that they would be very happy to publish articles about RailPro. I would love to see that also, but I don;t have time to make said articles. If anybody wants to write articles about installing and using RailPro, MRH would like to pay you for it!

--- End quote ---

Oh man, I may have to eat my words!

And also purchase another engine and module to do a well documented install and write an article!

Then we can gain some traction with to masses!

G8B4Life:

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on June 18, 2021, 12:40:21 PM ---MRH has indicated to me that they would be very happy to publish articles about RailPro. I would love to see that also, but I don;t have time to make said articles. If anybody wants to write articles about installing and using RailPro, MRH would like to pay you for it!

--- End quote ---

If I remember that thread correctly it was asked what does he want to see. Crickets. I would love to see articles too but I don't have the resources to document said articles and I don't have anything US based to put RP into for an article anyway.

--- Quote from: GMM6809 on June 18, 2021, 10:34:02 AM ---But I’ll try today with my RailPro stuff, to see if while they’re consisted of the NCE system can retain that or if it has to be re-done too..

--- End quote ---

For some reason LM's do not work as a consist on NCE. I think this has something to do with speed steps, LM's require the DCC system to be in 128 speed step mode and NCE only does 28 speed steps in a consist.  Give it a try anyway, I'd love to see LM's consisted under NCE but it's never worked for me.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version