Author Topic: Load Sounds Prior to Installation  (Read 1595 times)

ron045

• Engineer
Load Sounds Prior to Installation
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:05:58 AM »
I did a search through RPUG and read the Illustrated downloading copying and updating guide rev1.2 (1) posted on the forum and did not see anything about loading sound files prior to installation.

It seems possible.  Is it recommended or can I do damage?

My thought was to use my computer along with the HC-1, the HC Simulator Software and the  RailPro Assistance Software to download and review sound files.

Then connect a speaker to the LM-3S-G and power that module with the battery I intend to use for engine power prior to any engine installation.  I would just keep it on the desk next to the computer.

Thoughts.  Will this work?  Will I disrupt the "1st time setup" of the Motor Full Load Current?

Thanks.
Ron

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Load Sounds Prior to Installation
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 07:34:21 AM »
Your plan will work fine.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

ron045

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 07:38:04 AM »
Thank you so much for the quick reply.  I'm just so flippin' excited to get started.  Everything was delivered by USPS yesterday 3 days early.   I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Ron

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 07:57:45 AM »
That's what I do: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,549.0.html. Not the -G version LM obviously but same principle, playing with the LM outside of being in a loco.

- Tim

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 09:25:47 AM »
Yep - this is a good idea that works fine.  I have a spare LM-3S-G on my bench named "Bench Test" to which I load sounds for review. I control it with the simulator, but also have it loaded into my handheld. Only trouble I have is that it's connected to a good bookshelf speaker that sounds tons better than the small speakers in some of my locos  ::)