Author Topic: New issue started  (Read 1216 times)

Josephbw

• Conductor
New issue started
« on: September 06, 2021, 02:03:36 PM »
Several days ago we had a short power outage during a storm. Ever since then when I turn on my PWR 56, the red light comes on. Then I can turn it off and immediately turn it back on and the green light comes on and everything is fine. Any ideas?

Joe

KPack

• Conductor
Re: New issue started
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
That's a new one for me.  Do some additional testing and let's see what happens.  Plug it into another outlet or power strip and see if it does the same.  I'm sure you checked the tracks to be sure nothing is shorting on them.

-Kevin

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 05:14:25 PM »
Hi Kevin, I checked the trackage and looked under the layout for stray wires and it all looks OK. I recently got a new PWR 56. I'm going to plug that in and see if I get the same results. That should tell me whether it's the old PWR or the power strip I have it plugged into.

Thanks, Kevin

Joe

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 06:00:13 PM »
I unhooked the old PWR and while pulling out the - wire, the end panel of the outlet fell off revealing misaligned parts inside. Next I hooked up the new PWR and it worked fine. After repairing the old outlet and putting it back together, I hooked it back up and it now works fine. Apparently the negative wire was just barely making good contact at first, then subsequently on the second power up it worked as it was supposed to (I guess).  ;D

So all is well and back to normal. Now I can focus my energy on painting the walls in my next room, sky blue.

Joe