Author Topic: My surgery went well.  (Read 12488 times)

Josephbw

• Conductor
My surgery went well.
« on: November 04, 2021, 08:28:07 PM »
Now I'm cancer-free. I had a squamous cell carcinoma on the side of my temple. It took about 2 hours overall, but they got it all. The shots are wearing off, and the pain might keep me up for a while tonight. But for the most part, the worrying is over.

Joe

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: My surgery went well.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 10:16:03 PM »
That's good news Joe,

Rest easy, perhaps some painkillers (don't know what you have available over there) and hopefully get a good nights sleep.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 05:59:25 AM »
Fantastic news! All the best on your recovery Joe.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Gibs

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 06:56:18 AM »
Congrats Matey. News like that is always great too hear.

Now get some rest because you can bet your sorry arse that the misses will have things for you to do!

😀👍
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:51:48 PM by Gibs »
Cya Down The Line.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 07:19:07 AM »
Glad to hear it, Joe. Take some Tylenol for the pain.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 07:49:43 AM »
We model railroaders tend to be an older lot so the mere mention of cancer sends chills down the spine. Glad to hear you are cancer free. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 08:46:41 AM »
Thanks, guys. I took a Tylenol last night before I went to the bedroom. Then got up and rooted through the cupboard and found a new box of Tylenol extra strength, and took 2 of those. I actually had a good nights sleep after that. This morning it's been a different story though. I just took another Tylenol. I was told that I need to lollygag for a couple of days and don't do anything that will raise my blood pressure. I shouldn't have a problem following those directions. ;D

Joe

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 12:54:01 AM »
Thanks, guys. I took a Tylenol last night before I went to the bedroom. Then got up and rooted through the cupboard and found a new box of Tylenol extra strength, and took 2 of those. I actually had a good nights sleep after that. This morning it's been a different story though. I just took another Tylenol. I was told that I need to lollygag for a couple of days and don't do anything that will raise my blood pressure. I shouldn't have a problem following those directions. ;D

Joe

After a few months of mediocre news and events in my life, I am happy to read this and that you are cancer free. Enjoy your prescribed down time, and i hope for you to have a smooth recovery and permanent remission.

-Glenn
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.